Digital archiving and networks
Tunis, October 19 and 20, 2016
Call for Papers
The Research Unit: Digital Library and heritage valorization at the Higher Institute of Documentation (University of Manouba, Tunisia) and the PARAGRAPH Laboratory (University Paris 8, France) Co-organizing the 1st edition of CIBAHN symposium on » Digital archiving and networks. »
For its first edition, the symposium ISLADH (Libraries and Archives in the era of digital humanities) will be held from 19 to 20 October 2016 under the theme « Digital archiving and networks »
Bringing together researchers from all backgrounds, the first edition of this symposium will be a space for exchange and valorization of research in the field of records management, specifically those on the transformations of the archivist to era of the social Web.
In this new virtual reality, the content of the public sphere are intertwined with those of the private sphere so that it is increasingly difficult to define with certainty the status of information objects conveyed by the web. In addition, the social web is full of new documentary genres to be studied in an interdisciplinary or even transdisciplinary in the aim of developing new models for acquiring, processing, preservation and implementation own value to the nature of digital content dynamic and protean.
Social networks seduced the organizational environments. Corporate blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, etc. become the new showcase organizations on the Web. Initially social networks are used as marketing tools, they disrupt today’s report to information and create a new model of knowledge management and expertise in organizations. This « technologization » is supported by a « request » society that gives importance to instant access and often overlooked issues related to the preservation and long-term reuse of digital content. These include the product of organizational activities on the networks, with all that implies in matters related to law, ethics, protection of privacy, security and reliability to digital traces be retained.
Preserving the traces of activities whether personal or organizational conducted on the social web or via its tools represents a major challenge, and at many levels. Technically, archiving new documentary genres whose nature is hybrid and scalable requires new skills. Legal and ethical level, dealing with Web documents containing private data often requires new approaches and methods of capture, treatment and reuse.
We propose in this first edition of the symposium a general reflection on all these issues related to technological advances of dissemination, development and sustainability content in the era of digital humanities and their impact on the profession of the archivist on professional, cultural and social level.
The official languages are French and English
The themes of the contributions (not exhaustive):
- Records management, digitization and digital traceability
- Digital archiving, sustainability and protection of digital data.
- Classification, standardization and encoding of digital documents,
- Communication, promotion, digital and cultural mediation, Internet archive sites, online archives, participatory web.
- Uses and users of web archives.
- Archives Trades and professional mutations,
- Legal issues: communicability, data reuse, intellectual property rights, image rights
- Web archiving, archiving of Web 2.0.
- Stakes and use of crowdsourcing for digital archiving
- Challenges of Big Data and Open Data for archives.
Calendar and submission guide
|May 08, 2016||deadline for receipt of proposals (full articles)|
|May 31, 2016 :||Notification of acceptance date and return the authors selected after expertise double blind.|
|July 31, 2016 :||deadline for receipt of corrected versions|
May 08, 2016:
The authors submit their paper proposals as a full text to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors may submit two types of texts:
Long texts: The text should not exceed 3500 words, each illustration occupying half a page will reduce the length of 230 words about the text, the maximum number of pages shall in no case exceed 12 pages using character font only Times 12.
Short texts: The text should not exceed 1500 words, each illustration occupying half a page will reduce the length of 230 words about the text, the maximum number of pages shall in no case exceed 5 pages using character font only Times 12.
Each proposal will be reviewed by at least two evaluators double blind, who will appreciate its relevance, scientific validity, originality and clarity of presentation.
May 31, 2016:
Notification of acceptance will be sent together with the technical specifications for publication. These must be strictly observed for the publication of the proceedings of the conference.
The acceptance of a contribution implies that one of the authors, at least, be present at the conference to ensure its presentation.
July 31, 2016:
The text of the communication must reach the program committee in its final form.
September 15, 2016:
If at least one of the authors is not registered on that date, the communication will be removed from the program and conference proceedings.
CO-PRESIDENTS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Abderrazak MKADMI, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Imad SALEH, University Paris 8, France
- Khaled HABCHI, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Ghislaine Azemard, University Paris 8, France
- Bruno Bachimont, University of Technology of Compiègne, France
- Claude Baltz, University Paris 8, France
- Mohamed Ben Romdhane, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Azzedine Bouderbane, Institute of Library Science, University Constantine 2; Algeria
- Besma BSIR, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Nasreddine Bouhai, University Paris 8, France
- Aida Chebbi, ISD, Manouba University, Tunisia
- Abderrazak Dourari; University Alger2, CNPLET,
- Jacques Ducloy, DRRT Lorraine, France
- Fenniche Raja, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Wahid Gdoura, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Khaled Habchi, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Madjid Ihadjadene, University Paris 8, France
- Hédi Jallab, National Archives of Tunisia, Tunisia
- Najoua Jrad, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Mohamed Salah Kadri, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Hervé Le Crosnier, University of Caen Basse-Normandie, France
- Louise Merzeau, Dicen-IDF, Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, France
- Abderrazak Mkadmi, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Tarek Ouerfelli, ISD, Manouba University, Tunisia
- Everardo Reyes, University of Paris 8, France
- Imad Saleh, Paris8 University, France
- Yousra Séghir, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Peter Stockinger, INALCO, France
- Rachid Zghibi, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Khansa Zghidi, ISD, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Khaldoun Zreik, University Paris 8, France
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Mohamed Ben Romdhane, ISD, University of Manouba (Tunisia)
- Besma BSIR, ISD, Manouba University (Tunisia)
- Aida Chebbi, ISD, Manouba University, (Tunisia)
- Khaled Habchi, ISD, University of Manouba (Tunisia)
- Abderrazak Mkadmi, ISD, University of Manouba
- Yousra Séghir, ISD, Manouba University (Tunisia)
Please complete the following form and send with payment (by check or purchase order or cash) to the following address: Higher Institute of Documentation, University Campus of Manouba, Manouba 2010
Rates for registration before 15 September 2016:
- Researcher / Professional: 300 dinars TTC
- Student : 200 dinars TTC
Rates for registration after September 15, 2016:
- Researcher / Professional: 400 dinars TTC
- Student : 250 dinars TTC
These rates include:
- Participation in the conference
- The copy of the acts of the conference
- Coffee breaks
CONTACT AND USEFUL INFORMATION
Abderrazak Mkadmi & Khaled Habchi
Higher Institute of Documentation, University Campus of Manouba – Manouba 2010
- Tel: 00216 71 605 050
- Fax: 00216 71 600 200
- Personal Tel : 00216 50 506 434 / 00216 40 324 982
- email: email@example.com
- Site: https://cibahnblog.wordpress.com/